Extending your arms on a standing block is a classic and popular exercise for triceps training. Exercise can help give the triceps muscle a beautiful shape and shape.
Extending your arms on a standing block is a classic and popular exercise for triceps training. A bench press or extension on the upper block can help give the triceps muscle a beautiful relief and shape.
Cable Triceps Pushdown
Extending your arms on a standing block is a traditional exercise performed at the end of your workouts. According to statistics, it is the most popular in the gyms, where bodybuilders and athletes are involved. To complete the exercise you will need a cable simulator. The uniqueness of the technique is that it does not use other muscles. This is an isolating exercise, which is also performed quite simply.
The benefits of extending your arms on a standing block:
- trains triceps in an isolated method;
- there are no contraindications for carrying out;
- only a cable simulator is required;
- does not require the effect of cheating and allows you to quickly get the desired result.
Technique of execution:
1. To get started, go to the upper block and set the desired weight with which you can start working.
2. Select the straight handle for operation. Take it with a grip, in which the palms should look down. The back is straight, then make a slight forward bend. Press your elbows to your body. This is your starting position.
2. Pull the handle down to the front of the thigh, extending your elbows. Hold on to the peak contraction for a second, powerfully squeezing your triceps.
3. Then return to the opposite position, without changing the position of the elbows and stretching the triceps in the negative phase a little. Do the number of repetitions, which will lead to sensations of burning in the triceps.
Extending arms on the upper block while standing
In this exercise, you must constantly remember that the elbows must be strictly pressed to the body, otherwise the entire load from the triceps will go away.
– The main load of push-ups on the uneven bars is created on the muscles of the back surface of the shoulder, or triceps. The essence of the movement is to lift your body from the lower to the upper position due to the extension of the arms at the elbows (namely, this is the main function of the triceps). No matter how we put our hands, do not reject the body and do not change the position of the elbows – triceps works in any case.
Focus on triceps
- In the starting position (top point), your body is vertical, you hold on straight arms, your elbows are turned back.
- After taking a breath, go down as far as the flexibility of your shoulder joints allows. Focus on an angle of 90 degrees at the elbows. During movement, the elbows are turned back and pressed to the body.
- On the exhale, due to the extension of the arms, go up. If the exercise is given to you with great difficulty, at the top point, straighten your elbows. This will give the triceps a short respite. If you are an experienced athlete, leave a small angle at the elbows so as not to unload the target muscles.