Extending your arms on the upper block while standing is an excellent isolated exercise for working out triceps. This movement is quite simple and suitable for both beginners and experienced athletes.
The right technique
- Attach a cable, horizontal or V-handle to the tip of the upper block;
- Go to the block and grab the handle with your hands;
- With a powerful accentuated triceps effort, begin to extend your arms, stopping at the bottom of the exercise for 1-2 seconds;
- Perform 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps.
Practical tips and tricks
- When doing arm extensions on the upper block while standing, try to focus on the negative phase of the exercise, returning the hands to their original position as slowly as possible;
- Completely exclude the help of the hull from work; carry out the movement exclusively due to the extension of the arm at the elbow;
- Use the triceps cable pushdown on the block as a finishing exercise in triceps training.