Triceps Pushdown training the lateral part of the triceps as well as the long triceps head, forms a relief and highlights the side part.
- Attach the rope handle to the body, which passes through the upper block. Move a little away from the projectile and grasp the handle with a simple grip (palms turned towards each other). Feet set in parallel, a little step with one foot back.
- Slightly (12-14 °) tilt the torso to the projectile and extend your elbows slightly forward. In the initial position, the body is stretched, and the hands are approximately at shoulder level.
- Keeping your elbows closer to your sides, take a deep breath and, holding your breath, spread your arms down.
- During the entire exercise, do not move your elbows, do not bend forward and do not squat. Above the arms, trunk and legs should be motionless until the end of the set!
- When spreading your arms down, it is important: as soon as the little fingers are below the elbows, try to slowly expand the hands and extend the arms on the sides so that when you straighten your arms as much as possible, your palms look at your hips.
- Straighten your arms as much as possible, exhale and fix this position for a couple of seconds.
- Bending your arms slowly, allow the handle to go up until the hands are slightly above the elbows, and begin the next repetition.
Tips Triceps Pushdown
- To triceps head greatly stretched in its original position, slightly tilt the body forward, and slightly extend the elbows in front of the torso.
- Do not relax your arms while performing a movement and do not extend your arms in your wrists! The rotation of the hands with the palms to the hips is obtained only by supination of the forearm (turning it around its axis to the outside). During the whole set, the wrist is fixed: forearms and hands in one line.
- Turning the hands with palms to the hips, you improve the work of triceps.
- The main load in the triceps pushdown falls on the lateral head of the triceps. But, you can make the triceps head work at full strength and long. To do this, make your elbows slightly extended in front of the torso.
- Do not tilt your torso forward and do not pull your elbows back, helping yourself to squeeze the arms down. This moves the load focus from the triceps to the remaining muscle groups.
- This muscle has a beautiful horseshoe shape that looks great on the side of the arm.
- The better developed the lateral head of the triceps, the better the upper arm looks. The bench press also cuts a sharp line between the triceps and biceps.
- Always include the triceps pushdown in the program of sets of exercises if you are engaged in basketball, swimming, badminton, gymnastics, boxing, hockey, tennis.