Scientists have found that these exercises load the chest to the fullest.
In order for the chest to become embossed, it is necessary to pump large pectoral muscles. First, let’s figure out how they work, and then show the exercises.
How to build pectoral muscles
Imagine that the pectoral muscle is the gum that connects the shoulder, collarbone and sternum. If you raise your hand to the side, and then pull the elastic, it will move your shoulder forward. You constantly make this movement in everyday life – for example, when you close the door, forcefully push something away or hit your elbow in the jaw.
Most chest muscle exercises repeat this movement. The only difference is that they also use a bar, dumbbells or crossover slings to create additional resistance.
The pectoral muscle has two heads: the upper (clavicular) and lower. Their functions are slightly different, and this is important. In order for the chest to be symmetrical, both heads must be pumped.
The fibers of the clavicular head are directed upward, so for additional load, you need to move the shoulder forward in the direction from the bottom up.
How and how much to do
- Arrange strength training 2-3 times a week. If you swing all the muscles on each of them, include one exercise on the chest, if you arrange splits – 2-3 exercises per day of pumping the chest.
- To pump muscles evenly, alternate exercises. The bench press is great, but you should not do it at every workout, because there are other good options.
- Choose your weight so that the last repetitions in the approach are difficult. If it is easy for you, and the muscles do not get tired, they will not grow.
- Perform 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps. Do not get carried away by heavy weight. Especially at first, until you are quite fluent in technology.
Several joints work in the bench press, and not only the chest, but also the muscles of the shoulders are tensed. Do a bench press at the beginning of your workout: you don’t need Neuromuscular activity during bench press exercise performed with and without the preexhaustion method before you tire your muscles with other exercises.
- Lie on a bench for bench presses, press your feet to the floor. Grasp the bar with a direct grip 1.5 times wider than the shoulders.
- The grip is twice as wide as the shoulders, only a little The influence of grip width and forearm pronation / supination on upper-body myoelectric activity during the flat bench press increases the load on the chest, but at the same time greatly increases The Affect of Grip Width on Bench Press Performance and Risk of Injury risk of shoulder injury.
- As you inhale, lower the bar to the bottom of the pectoral muscles, while exhaling, squeeze it back and repeat.
You can also perform a bench press on an incline bench. This option better pumps An electromyography analysis of 3 muscles surrounding the shoulder joint during the performance of a chest press exercise at several angles, Influence of bench angle on upper extremity muscular activation during bench press exercise the upper chest than the bench press on a horizontal bench. Set the bench at an angle of 45 or 60 ° and lower the bar to the top of the chest.
As for the bench press with a reverse tilt, he will pump the Influence of bench angle on upper extremity muscular activation during bench press exercise the lower chest is not better than the horizontal, so it makes no sense.